Wednesday, March 31, 2010

growing up--part-7-of-10

.

.

Growing up

Part-7-of-10

.

I remember me and my brothers riding our bicycles all over town… my parent’s taught me to stand and give my bus seat to women or the elderly… we use to ride the bus for over an hour to get to the Marsalis zoo, summers at Galveston beach… we always had a family dog… homemade skateboards made with metal skates nailed to the board… and don’t forget Duncan yo-yos (a Duncan rep was always coming by the school at the end of the day putting on demos of fancy yo-yo tricks), silly putty, and slinkies …mine and my older brother’s Lionel trains set, turning out the lights so we could see the head light burning, and setting my transformer to 12 and watching my train jump the tracks …programs I watched growing up, the Wonderful World of Disney and the Mousekeeteers, Outer Limits, Bonanza, Man from Uncle, Gunsmoke, Gillian’s Island, Star Trek, the Adams family, the Munsters, I Dream of Genie, the Beverly Hillbillies, Lost in Space, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Rawhide, Wagon Train, Paladin, the Jetsons, the Flintstones, the Jefferson’s, All in the Family, cartoons on Saturday mornings, Sky King, coco-puffs, sugar smacks, sugar pops, and Trix, and voting on whether the rabbit gets Trix… every Tuesday watching, Combat with Vic Morrow and Rick Jason… Elvis the Pelvis and later the Beatles on Ed Sullivan show.

.

To be continued…
.
.

.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment